The Bucks County Community Foundation will award scholarship(s) to high school seniors residing in Bucks County to be used for higher education and trade schools. The scholarships must be used to pay for tuition and fees to enroll in or attend an educational institution (college, university, trade school or other accredited institution of higher or specialized education), or to purchase books, supplies and equipment that are required of all students for their course work. There will be other memorial scholarships named at a later date.
To qualify, students must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Be a resident of Bucks County.
2. Be enrolled in an accredited high school or technical school.
3. Be accepted as a full time student in a college or university or qualifying trade school for the fall or summer semester of 2019.
4. Be able to document devotion and service to people, community or family.
5. Write an essay of 250 to 500 words detailing such devotion to date and how this community/family commitment has influenced you.
6. Submit the attached application by April 30, 2019.
The Bucks County Community Foundation will evaluate each application without regard to race, religion or creed. Relatives of board members of the Bucks County Community Foundation are not eligible. All essays must be double-spaced and typed using 12 point Times Roman, Courier or Arial font.
For an application to be considered, it must be submitted (postmarked) by April 30, 2019 and mailed to:
Bucks County Community Foundation Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 433, Langhorne, PA 19047
The successful applicants will receive notification of the scholarship in May 2019.